Jan 9, 2010

Papa Jack's 80th Birthday Party

We've been blessed to see my dad live a long and healthy life. We helped him celebrate his 80th birthday, and there were so many folks at the party, we had to have it at his church. Besides the great food and company, there was a slide show on the wall of photos of Papa that his children gathered together and even a soundtrack of him playing his guitar in a band at a nursing home a few years back. Just one of my dad's many accomplishments--learning to play the guitar well enough to perform--despite being tone deaf. He always has loved music. He has worn many hats in his life. He has been a soldier, a cook, an electrician, a plumber, a salesman, an accountant, a deacon, a scholar, a preacher, a businessman, a small business owner, and more. But most of all, he has been a father to me. Where would I be without my dad? Hard to tell. One thing for sure, I've gained a lot of inspiration from Jack Spillers and I'm very indebted to him. Happy 80th Birthday, Dad!

No comments:

Post a Comment