Mar 21, 2011

Spread the Word - How to Help in Japan

You may be saying to yourself, how can I help the victims of the Great Tohoku Eathquake and Tsunami?  There are so many organizations asking for donations.  I wish I could see the effects of my donation actually helping people.

We have personal friends, the Bostom family, who are second generation missionaries in Japan.  They live in Kakegawa, which is in Shizuoka Prefecture and have 13 children--so many that they have started a private Christian school there as part of their ministry.  They are very conservative, faithful followers of Jesus and I am privileged to know them.

They have put together a group of volunteers and are spending the next month making trips to Sendai, Japan to give food and comfort in the name of Jesus to the earthquake/tsunami victims.  They are already just above Sendai doing just what they set out to do.  See photos of them on their Facebook page called Relief Trips to Sendai from Kakegawa set up for communicating about their efforts.  

On this first trip, the Bostrom's and their church friends have had to pack all of their food and fuel they will be using, since there is likely nothing available where they are going.  Simply amazing!  They will also endure days without showers and hot water.  Things we take for granted.  Let's do something to help them!

Directions are on the event page for sending donations to them.  They are living by faith and have put work on hold while serving the needy victims of the disaster, so I'm sure a contribution of any amount would be greatly appreciated.  Even if you send no money, please pray for the Japanese people and that the gospel be spread through the relief efforts of this fine Christian family.

If by chance you don't do Facebook and would like to send a contribution, please leave a comment or contact me and I'll post directions on this blog.

This is an awesome opportunity.  Don't let it pass you by.  God bless you,

Paul Spillers





No comments:

Post a Comment