Hank and I made our own trap, and in a few days, the birds got used to it and were easy to catch. My hope was not to merely make a trap and catch a bird, but the help Hank catch some truths in God's Word about temptation and God's deliverance.
Psalm 124:6-8
6 Praise be to the LORD,
who has not let us be torn by their teeth.
7 We have escaped like a bird
out of the fowler's snare;
the snare has been broken,
and we have escaped.
8 Our help is in the name of the LORD,
the Maker of heaven and earth.

When I got home Hank ran up to me excitedly and told me he had caught a bird. Apparently our dog Suzie frightened the dove so it panicked a little and scratched its wings on the wire mesh trying to escape. I doctored it before we released it. It will be fine.

No comments:
Post a Comment