Jan 30, 2008

Angels Watchin' Over Me

Do you know the song Amy Grant sang, called, "Angels"? I don't believe in coincidences. I am sure that God above is the Sovereign Lord of the universe. The God of Heaven once again proved to me that He is watching out for me. He prevented a catastrophe yesterday.

I was driving the Odyssey and pulled out onto Buford Highway making a left hand turn out of Chick-Fil-A. I could only see one SUV coming down the hill getting ready to turn right into Chick-Fil-A. Since I could see no other cars coming I pulled out, crossing 3 lanes and just as I was about to cross the turning lane BAMM! Out of nowhere something hit my front bumper! The impact was more noise than anything. A red Mazda Protoge had perhaps been behind the SUV and tried to change lanes to go around the SUV and saw me crossing the road. The driver was going quite fast--probably over 50mph. He could have slammed into the side of my vehicle and killed or injured Hannah or me or both, but it didn't happen that way. No, he only grazed the front of the van, which put a crease all the way down the passenger side of his car.

I had a couple of witnesses wait for me until the police came. The driver of the other car pulled over, parked, and came to see if I was okay. He was an undocumented Mexican gentleman, and he showed me his Mexican ID card. He was clean-cut, polite, and I could tell he wanted to do the right thing. He had a friend with him, and was on his cell phone a lot while waiting. Although he waited over 15 minutes, when I went to talk with one of the witnesses, he drove off and disappeared. About another 15 minutes later, a Doraville policeman showed up. He said the other driver would have ended up going to jail had he stuck around.

I am just breathing a sigh of relief, and thanking God that all is well. Hannah and I could have been laid up in the hospital with all kinds of injuries and a totalled van, but instead, all we have is a streak of red paint across our front bumper. Do you think this is a coincidence coming the day after we studied about angels and their roles during our family devotion? I don't. For more information about angels, click here. Also see Psalms 91:11.

No comments:

Post a Comment