I loved the relief from the heat, the sound of leaves cracking under my feet while hiking down mountain pathways.
When I was in the summer of my life, summer was my favorite season.
I loved the long days for doing everything that I wanted to do...including swimming.
Now that I'm approaching the autumn of my life, I love spring.
Winter is tough to get through--the cold, the colds, the wind and rain that keep me indoors. The drab colors that remind me of death and decay.
But spring gives me such a charge. I love the rebirth that I witness each year. Seeing things that were underground all winter dig their way out of the gray and brown muck seems to send a signal that I can weather hard times, too. And when they show themselves bright and cheerful and green, full of life and strength, I can't help but think of heaven and the new body I'll get when I'm there. As age and wear and tear take their toll on this body, I get more excited about that promise.
Hydrangea buds









No comments:
Post a Comment