Jun 26, 2008

House Deal Negociations

I am happy to announce that our house buying negotiations are finally over! We have a contract that said we'd move in on June 28th and close on July 31st. Moving in and renting until the closing date was something we offered to spice up the deal since we couldn't close for 6 weeks. The Due Diligence period (the time that we can find out what is wrong the house and ask the seller to fix it) will end the day we move in, so I had to inspect the house and add any stipulations before then, and the seller had to agree. Well, I had more stipulations than the seller was willing to accept at first, but with persistence, and several one-on-one conversations, with a little give and take on both our parts, we reached a verbal agreement today. I thank God for giving me the strength of character, diplomacy and physical strength to be able to strike a deal we can both be satisfied with. :) House buying is not easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment