Feb 1, 2010

Hannah & Naomi's First MARTA Ride

I have not ridden MARTA in quite a while.  It was disappointing how it has kind of gotten run down.  About half of their escalators are out of order, instead of restrooms at a lot of the stations, you get urine puddles in the elevators.  While buying tickets, as soon as I got in front of the machine, a very insistent swindler offered to "help" me use the machine by pushing the buttons for me.  He was really trying to recharge some of his own tickets and to get me to buy him some tickets if he could.  After I told thanks but no thanks I bought my own tickets using my debit card, but the machine didn't give me any, so I had to buy them twice.  The only way to get a refund was to go to 5 Points Station to the customer service desk, so it used up some of our valuable time.  This was Hannah, Naomi and the boys first time on MARTA.  It was okay, but I sure wish MARTA was managed better.

No comments:

Post a Comment