Dec 6, 2007

One 10 and Four 3s

There we were, sitting in the living room at 10pm when the phone rang, and lo and behold, it was a lady from DFACS. I couldn't believe my ears. She asked if we would be willing to accept another child. I said it depends on the child's age. She said, "Is 3 weeks young enough for you?" I said, Wow! Are you kidding?" And she said there was a baby at the hospital and she had tried for 3 weeks to find a relative and couldn't. And she had tried calling folks for 3 hours and couldn't find anyone willing to take the infant home with them. I checked with Duk-Sun and said yes, and so now we have another baby. Her name is S---- E-------. It was exactly 3 hours after we got the call that we were leaving the hospital with this bundle of joy.

2 comments:

  1. We are so happy for you! Praise God!! She is so lucky to have you and Duk-Sun for parents. We can't wait to meet her. She is beautiful!
    Love,
    The Frick's

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Of course we are not sure how long we'll be able to keep her, but we are hoping it's permanent. Either way, we are blessed to have her with us.

    ReplyDelete