Two and a half years ago, we moved into this house from one which had a fenced in back yard. I knew we would get around to fencing this one in, but since fences are so expensive, I had to do it little by little.
First, there was the "no fence" stage. Then, there was the "dog run" stage. We used about 96 feet of portable dog kennel fencing and put it on the side of the house, making a dog run that allowed our dog, Suzie to run to both the front and back yards to patrol and be near us.
The problem with the dog run was that there was no direct connection to the house. Someone would have to put Suzie in and take her out each time. She could never communicate with us once we were in the house, either.
However, I kept looking for a deal on fencing and found a guy who was selling a lot at a very reasonable price. So I added 70 feet of fence panels to what I had, and I was able to create a fence that surrounded the better part of the back yard. This is so much better! Now Suzie can communicate when she wants to be let in or out, and letting her out is as simple as opening a door. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment