Oct 30, 2008

The Countertop is In!

I was so excited that the kitchen counter came. At last I was able to start connecting the plumbing up under the sink. The drain pipe is shared with the bathroom on the other side, so both sides have to be connected to be able to be able to use either sink on the main floor. Once everything is connected, I'll be able to work and wash my hands without running downstairs every time. The countertop is Staron, made by Samsung, and the sink is integrated. What do you think of the way it looks?
I had to stop short of testing my plumbing connections because when I went downstairs to shut off the water I found a leaking shutoff valve. Fixing it is not as simple as I would hope. Because it is so old, the same kind of valve isn't at Home Depot or Ace Hardware. So I have to look elsewhere to find replacement parts. I think what I'll end up doing is buying new graphite packing for the stem and a new washer for the plunger part of the valve and refurbishing my old valve. I wish it were more like changing a light bulb.

No comments:

Post a Comment